Sunday, April 6, 2008

California Seascape


Well, I finally finished this one. It's a seascape, as you can see, and it looks like I am improving.Those are the words of my "family critics" My wife tells me that the water is to blue, so I'll keep that in mind for my next project. I got this from a photograph that was taken on the northern California coast by a friend of mine. The only thing different is the "birds, or I should say, "gulls" They weren't in the original picture but I thought that adding them in would enhance it a little.
I think from now on I will be doing a lot of paintings with rocks and mountains in them. Its a challenge to me to try and get the right shapes and shadowing in the painting. For me its a challenge but I'm sure the pro's do it with ease. Speaking of Pro's, does anyone watch Bob Ross paint on his daily TV show? He is, or I should say was fantastic. Bob passed away about ten years or so ago but his show lives on. I think it's amazing the way he uses his talent. I'm learning a lot just watching him paint his beautiful landscapes and seascapes. I can understand why his show goes on and on even though he is gone.
Well, thats enough jabbering for awhile. I've got to get to my next painting so I'll see you when I've finished.

No comments: